Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lovely Milky Black Tea Cupcakes!


milky black tea cupcake for bobbi!



A lovely weekend... I experimented with a new flavour creation, milky black tea cupcakes. The result was a subtle, milky tea flavoured cupcake with a milky-tea buttercream. Maybe I should call them Milky Tea cupcakes? I modified a wonderful recipe from the book Sky High Cakes-- I love this book. The photographs and design elements are beautiful and any cake I've made from this book has had the most wonderful, tender crumb.

These cutie little milky black tea buttercream topped tea cupcakes I made partially for a trade with my friend Claire of My Favourite Dress-- go to her etsy for the cutest, finely made things imaginable. She has a lovely sense of craftswomanship to her products too. I got the most beautiful scalloped bunting in shades of blue vintage materials, which I will use to hang up for my husband's upcoming birthday party.

My intention was also to make the cupcakes for my friend Bobbi's champagne engagement party! Hooray! So much mileage out of these delightful little cupcakes... ! :)

13 comments:

Jennywenny said...

Mmm, I love milky tea! I think I'm going to have to go and buy that book, everyone is always raving about it!!

Snooky doodle said...

what an interesting flavour, These look nice and delicious :)

the lovely life said...

These look. AMAZING. I love milk tea sooo much. Recipeeee?? :)

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks jennywenny! you should definitely pick up a copy of that book. great recipes and easily modifiable too! i just know you'll have fun with the book being a fellow baker.

thanks natalie! :)

jenn, email me at lyndsay@cococake.com :)

Amanda said...

Ooh, these look delicious.
What a gorgeous creation!

Coco Cake Land said...

amanda... thank you! i just went to your blog and it's awesome! your photos are lovely!! :)

claire said...

oh! i'm so sad now they are all gone. THANKS LADY!!! they were freaking delicious.

Tsukasa said...

mmm... milk tea + cupcakes = divine! i love the way you frosted those cupcakes. buttercream looks like roses, unlike regular piped rosettes!

Coco Cake Land said...

oh awesome claire! i love my scallops so much, they are so cute...

bloggypiggy, thanks!! :)

kit and nancy. said...

these look divine!!!

Bonnie said...

Yummmy and so pretty :)

apparentlyjessy said...

What a cool flavour, I would so love to taste one of these! I would love it if you shared the recipe some time! x

Coco Cake Land said...

thank you laura!

thank you dinnon!

thank you jessy!! send me an email!! ^__^