Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ar! Ar! Dolphin Cupcakes




I don't realllly know what noises dolphins make. "ar? ar?" Er, I don't think that's right... Maybe I'm thinking of a seal clapping his funny little flippers together wearing a rainbow collar with a silver sardine between his teeth! For lucky Helena's birthday, the party was at a wave pool, so the request was for ocean/watery theme with dolphins, Helena's fave. The cupcakes are lovely Raspberry Rose, raspberry jam filled vanilla cake! I adore the colour combination of orange and blue; I thought it complimented those cute lil grey dolphins nicely, and it's always refreshing to do an order for a girl's birthday that isn't screaming pink, pink pink!! Personally my fave colours are blue and green! I teach kids art and little boys are always going "EWWW pink" or little girls are saying "EWWW" blue! Then I tell them what my fave colours are and they have a quizzical look, and then I tell 'em "colours have no gender!" They usually laugh at me!!

9 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

really cute cupcakes :)

AK said...

OMG!! I love them! I would love to make a post about your blog on my blog! Is that OK with you? From AK;)

Coco Cake Land said...

-thanks natalie!

-hi AK!
sure no problem!

Orange Feather Jewelry said...

looks delicious ahh!
yumi!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyndsay

Thanks for the wonderful dolphin cupcakes, all of my friends loved them. They were delicious.

Helena (birthday girl)

apparentlyjessy said...

Is there any animal you can't make adoringly cute on top of a cupcake!?
My favourite colours are green and blue too, but can't help but love a large dose of pink as well!

gyoza*girl said...

oooh, i really LOVE these ones! nice work coco cake cupcakes! :)

Thermomix MAD Cooks said...

Hi, I'm no where near Vancouver so there's no way I could order but these dolphins are absolutely gorgeous! Did you use a cookie cutter for the dolphins or some sort of stencil? Thanks

Coco Cake Land said...

hi thermonix, thanks so much! yes, i used a cookie cutter for the dolphin and some tinted grey fondant! ^__^