Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Sister Shelley's Baby Shower!








How gorgeous is my sis Shelley, 8 months pregnant in a beautiful, super colorful dress! (above in the pic)! This past Sunday, my other sis Leanne and I organized a baby shower for Shelley, who is pregnant with her first baby! Leanne, the event planning queen of our family whose nickname is "Senior Management" for her crazy event planning skills, made the cutest little invites, "Welcome Baby" banner and little loot bags filled with sweets for guests to take home.

I was in charge of the food, so I of course made a crazy cake and cupcakes-- Lemon cake with lemon buttercream and raspberry filling, with a little fondant bird perched atop the cake; coconut creamcheese mini cupcakes and chocolate ganache cupcakes; Lemon Love cupcakes topped with fresh raspberries, mini almond butter and raspberry sandwiches, open faced cucumber and creamcheese sandwiches, and the world's weirdest cheese plate. I gotta commend those who can create and arrange a lovely cheese plate. I need to work on my cheese plating skills, pronto!!!

Shelley loved the shower... and I can't wait to meet this nutty little baby who kicks like crazy! Yay, Auntie Lyndsay times two!!! :)

11 comments:

Jennywenny said...

Very cute. I'm envious you're so good at making things look all pretty!

I had a fun experience this weekend where my cupcakes were going before I'd even made it into the door at a barbecue which I guess is a good sign!!

apparentlyjessy said...

You are right, your sister does look beautiful!
I really love the bright cake, and I also love the combination of the light blue cupcake liners, white frosting, and topped with perfect raspberries! Beautiful table!

AK said...

I`ve given you an award because I love your work and your blog! Please check it out on my blog!Hugs from AK

gyoza*girl said...

happy baby shower Shel!!!! cute and yummy cake and cupcakes as usu lil' sis! i can't wait to meet my first niece or nephew...see ya soon Baby! :)

Fin-ish Me Cupcakes said...

Your sister's a lucky woman! I love the spreasd it looks delicious!

alice said...

It looks beautiful! The cake looks delicious!

ty* said...

so gorgeous :) shelley, party & all

SweetThingsTO said...

Wow Lindsay - what a beautiful display of goodies. It's just perfect! And I'm sure it was delicious too!

Coco Cake Land said...

thank you, thank you to all!! xo

Bead Up said...

The decor and cupcakes make me want to hurry up and have a baby so I can have a shower like this! Haha!

Coco Cake Land said...

awww! don't rush it bead-up!

i've already told my sisters i don't want any gender-neutral stuff at my baby shower, haha! pink, blue, any color... bring it on! :)