Friday, March 20, 2009

Alien, Robot Slug, Piggy Giant Robot Cake






These little mini fondant cakes, they are getting rather popular over in old Coco Cake Land! Today I made two, so here is the first of two! For Shawn's birthday, I was asked to make a "Giant Robot" toy inspired mini cake, chocolate with vanilla buttercream filling covered with fondant. Upon studying some images on the internet, I decided to roll with a couple of made-up characters: Big Eyed Alien Flower Boy, The Grey Robot Slug Man, and Pink Piggy! I covered a circular cake board with some polka dot paper, adorned the cake with a polka dot ribbon and a happy birthday flag! I think my fave might be Grey Robot Slug Man. I think he's a cool dude.

9 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

what a cute cake :)

SweetThingsTO said...

Great cake - my favourite is the grey robot slug man too! Juanita

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks natalie and juanita!!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Well, if you aren't positivelt DIVINE! Look at that beautiful creation! The artistic quailty you bring to your little characters just goes to show how much of an art cake decorating really is.

THANKS so much for stopping by my blog so I could find yours! I'm tickled to have discovered you and will check in oft!

apparentlyjessy said...

Thank you ever so much for the recipes! I really appreciate it! I will let you know who they go!

I love the characters you come up with for the tops of your cakes, I find you very inspiring! :)

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

All of those are insanely adorable! PS: Your business website looks phenomenal. Great job!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks internet friends!!! :) too much fun!

gyoza*girl said...

awesome cute, cool, funny lil guys! :)

pfefferminz tee said...

Wow! So cute! Funny little aliens. I love your blog as you have innovative posts on making cute cakes. I will surely make a cake for each of my celebrations from this blog.