Friday, February 6, 2009

CHAI GUY, CHAI GUY






Just because it rhymes. For a lovely Indian food feast at a neighbor's house, I was in charge of dessert-- so of course I had to make CUPCAKES! I tried the delectable Chai Cupcakes with Honey Ginger Cream recipe from the book Triple Layer Cakes-- you steep spicy chai tea in simmered milk and add that as your liquid, as well as cardamom and cinnamon. Instead of the honey ginger creamcheese frosting, I made a nice, not-too-sweet mango puree to pool inside of my vanilla creamcheese frosting! I finished it with a piece of candied ginger. The cupcakes turned out perfectly fluffy with a very fine crumb, and the topping was a lovely balance to the spicy chai flavour. I will definitely make these again!

I also made martini glass sugar cookies for a bridal shower-- fuchsia pink with sour cherries and jumbo white non pareils as bubbles. 

More to come as the weekend approaches... weekends are always busy beaver zone for old Coco Cake headquarters... !

2 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

the cupcakes sound delicious! the glass sugar cookies look so nice :)

gyoza*girl said...

haha. i thought you were trying to say something in chinese "chai guy". those chai cupcakes must've been good! and nice work on the martini glass cookies. a little departure from your usu, eh? they're cute. :)